Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:29:17 +0100

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 04:36:29PM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:

> configuration changes. At this point we should concentrate on core dump
> bugs, or we'll never get this out.
>
>   One thing to be careful of is making sure new/delete or malloc/free
> are thread save by always wrapping memory allocation in a thread with a
> mutex.

This is more complex then it seems, wrapping allocations won't be
enough to avoid corruptions. Consider a threading pushing items
to a vector, and another thread concurrently *reading* that vector....

I dunno about pure allocations actually, can you describe a situation
in which that would be a problem by itself ?