Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: P T Withington
Subject: Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:13:02 -0500

You could replace LFC*.lzl with an empty swf file and the compiler wouldn't know any better. That would be one way to do a 'binary' search.

On 2007-02-14, at 13:30 EST, Henry Minsky wrote:

The structure of a Laszlo application is that the runtime LFC library is compiled entirely by the script compiler, it is just a big action block.

Then, the user's application is also compiled by the script compiler into a
big action block.

Then those are inserted into a kind of boilerplate framework which is
generated using the old JGenerator library which we've modified somewhat.
That is generated by the source code in
WEB-INF/lps/server/src/org/openlaszlo/compiler/SWFFile.java, and consists of various resources and trampolines into the LFC, such as buttons for catching click events, keyboard events, and a video object which can be attached to
play video.

The question I have is whether the bad opcode is coming from our script
compiler, or whether it comes in somehow when the app is assembled by
placing the compiled script code into the application framework.

On 2/14/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 12:30:57PM -0500, Henry Minsky wrote:
> There are a couple of ways to get code compiled standalone.
>
> One way would be to use the <import> tag, which will compile a library
which
> is designed to be loaded at runtime using loadMovie. It can be used
instead
> of <include>, I will send a code example in a minute.. it will compile a
> standalone swf for the library.
>
> The library file will just contain a big script action block, and a
callback
> at the end.

mmm.. not sure I understand this layout. The problem is with the "runtime" of openlaszlo itself, so assuming this library is compiled itself with
openlaszlo the goal is to have the compiler compile the smallest SWF
possible.
I mean, I don't need to import my own SWF, rather I need openlaszlo to
produce
a *small* file, the simplest possible. Possibly proceeding incrementally
by
compiling some of the primitives in the library as a second step.

Henry Minsky
Software Architect
address@hidden