Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: Henry Minsky
Subject: Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:08:06 -0500

Basically all the tags in an lzx file compile down to function calls to LzInstantiateView which is defined in the LFC.

You can get an app which contains code which doesn't depend on the LFC by making an app which looks like

<canvas>
<script when="immediate">
<![CDATA[
some _javascript_ here
]]>
</script>
</canvas>

Note that we only added the when="immediate" feature a couple weeks ago, so you need a new build to do this.

But note that this won't excercise any of the rendering capabilities.  But you can call the Flash APIs directly, such as createMovieClip, etc.

On 2/14/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 03:13:02PM -0500, P T Withington wrote:
> You could replace LFC*.lzl with an empty swf file and the compiler
> wouldn't know any better.  That would be one way to do a 'binary'
> search.

This worked nicely, thanks !

-rw-r--r-- 1 strk strk 73744 Feb 14 21:57 test-full.swf
-rw-r--r-- 1 strk strk  1134 Feb 14 21:56 test-small.swf

Now, the test-small.swf file still chokes Ming.
Gnash reports (as expected) a call to the undefined  LzInstantiateView function:

21:58:48: WARNING: error in call_function: 'LzInstantiateView' is not a function

Henry Minsky
Software Architect
address@hidden