Re: [Gnash-dev] release criteria ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release criteria ?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:59:37 -0600

Patrice Dumas wrote:

> What about having the backends dlopened at runtime? Without that
> facility it is hard to package gnash with all the backends since it
> means rerunning configure, changing the name of the files if possible
> at all.

  I'd like to see this done, but unless somebody volunteers to implement
this task, it falls on my shoulders. I barely have the time to do this
for the release unless the piles of OLPC work I've been doing slows
down... (they're already in a release cycle)

  Dynamically linking in the backends is more complex than loading the
extensions. I'll try to give this a shot for the release, but can't
promise anything. Sorry...