Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:14:33 +0200

Hello strk,

s> Most of the time the rectangle is not visible (world bounds?).

Yes, here's the code from video_stream_instance.cpp:

void
video_stream_instance::add_invalidated_bounds(InvalidatedRanges& ranges,
        bool /*force*/)
{
        geometry::Range2d<float> bounds;
        bounds.setWorld();
        ranges.add(bounds);
}

s> Occasionally two rectangles wrap the time info and the slider.
s> So *some* frames are skipped, it seems..

Yes, that must be the reason.

>> I tried to download the FLV and analyze it with ffmpeg, but wget with
>> error "303 See other" !? Anyway, you could comment out
>> drawVideoFrame() and see how values change.

s>
http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=9sJUDx7iEJw&t=OEgsToPDskKehTie3aBFXBIzvGl0UYGb

s> (try fast or it might expire)

Same problem. I already used the URL printed by Gnash when it says
"Connection established to movie:"
Perhaps youtube recognizes Wget via UserAgent.
If you can download it yourself, just use ffmpeg command line tool to
convert the video to whatever other format and it will print the frame
rate among some other verbose information.

Udo