Re: [Gnash-dev] Problems with AS in gnash

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problems with AS in gnash
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 01:43:18 +0200

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 06:01:45PM +0200, Christer Corneliusson wrote:

> ?I hope I post this in the correct mailing list, if it isn't, I'm sorry to
> post it wrong.
>
> ?When I play an swf in Gnash I get a lot of AS errors. Gnash writes a lot
> lines (407 for the test file) with this text:
>
> ACTIONSCRIPT ERROR: Reference to undefined member [string:loaded] of
> object[object(gnash::object_as_object):0xb578c110]
>
> ?I don't find the reason for this. Anyone have any idea?

You can hush ACTIONSCRIPT ERROR messages editing the gnashrc file.
With GTK, there's a clicky-clicky way to it.

Those errors don't necessarely mean something is not working.
They are more useful to SWF authors, or Gnash developers for debugging.

If the SWF you play doesn't behave as expected please file a bug on savannah
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=gnash
attaching the file itself or any reference to get it. Best if with sources.

If you're the author of it and are wondering what does the error mean let
us know :)