Re: [Gnash-dev] problem when installing gnash

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] problem when installing gnash
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:28:57 +0200

I've just uploaded a KDE4/Qt4 branch of Gnash to here:

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/kde4

It's work in progress and lacks the autoconf support to build
automatically. Also, there is a temporary ugly hack to fix
initialization while we decide how to handle argc and argv, no keyboard
modifier support, and all key events are sent as upper-case letters. The
plugin doesn't work. On the plus side, there are already better menus,
and implementing more features is simple.

Qt4 with kde3 won't work in trunk and I don't know if it's ever likely
to. The kde.m4 and qt.m4 macros can't handle combinations of different
versions.

Use --enable-gui=kde4 to try, but you'll need to pass the necessary CXX
and linker flags manually.

Patches to improve performance (which is considerably worse than gtk at
the moment), improve configure, or fix bugs are very welcome. I'm not
going to work on it until after the release.

bwy