Re: [Gnash-dev] I would like to see access to I/O for embedded devices

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] I would like to see access to I/O for embedded devices
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:40:05 +0200

Hello all,

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Craig Kelley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
>> TJ wrote:
>>> I would like to have access to I/O for embedded devices
>>
>>  For file oriented devices we have the 'fileio' extension. To enable
>> extensions to ActionScript, configure Gnash with
>
> Another tactic may be to setup a named pipe or TCP daemon.  Then, you
> can use standard flash networking or I/O calls to interface with it.

Are there examples on how to do this?
I.e. how to configure the gnash build, how to run gnash and how the AS
looks like.

I have taken the approach of using lighttpd and have it talk XML
across a FastCGI connection.

In AS, I can then do:

xml.send()
xml.sendAndLoad()

which basically talks with a C program that uses the fastcgi library
using XMLRPC.

This runs on a small embedded Linux platform.

Regards,
--
Leon