Re: [Gnash-dev] Development for Win32

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Development for Win32
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:56:25 +0100

> If old MSVC projects can be retrieved that would certainly speed up my
> startup time.

If you have a bzr branch, 'bzr revert -r 4000 win32' (or other revision
numbers before about 5000) will restore the old win32 directory, but as
zou says, it's out of date.

> There are other dependencies that I wonder what to do about on Win32
> platform, like PTHREADS library.

As you've probably seen, we use boost.Thread, so pthreads should not be
a dependency on Windows.

> Did Ming Win32 build use some specific make files that are not
> included in official distrubution? Or does it all follow from
> autoconfig and make application?

As far as I know, it's all from autoconf and make. Dossy knows about
this.

> Rather than attempting to compile all native dependencies myself, I
> intend to try using some of them from GnuWin32 project:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617

Indeed, repeating work that's been done already is a bad idea...

bwy

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.4
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/