[Gnash-dev] Gnash tutorial on profiling the renderer

From: Kristian Frank Erikson
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash tutorial on profiling the renderer
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 00:02:11 +1200

I have just finished a new tutorial on Gnash's development wiki describing how to carry out profiling in Gnash focussed on the renderer, so we can hopefully attract some help to improve on Gnash's renderer. It would be awesome if we could get Gnash's working faster, especially for big animation's we can hopefully improve on the speed. I think the renderer is an important part to focus on in order for Gnash to be able to handle website's or flash animations that might have large resolution, without being severely punished by a bottleneck in the code. I'm researching on how we can improve on the renderer by using more of OpenGL's capabilities, and move some of those rendering operations down to the GPU, rather than the CPU.

I have a blog on http://www.erikson.dk/blog/ where I will post if when I do work on Gnash. I don't know if you'd like that on your blog list, matched against Gnash as a category tag or something?

Cheers
--

Kristian Erikson, Systems Development, eyemagnet - sfi, mobile: 021 02 376737 email: address@hidden skype: splinter_84 web: www.eyemagnet.com