Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: performance: 1000 wakeups/sec when idle!

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: performance: 1000 wakeups/sec when idle!
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 02:09:40 +0200

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 12:51:03AM +0200, strk wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 05:48:54PM +0400, Yuriy Kaminskiy wrote:
>
> > gnash always run that periodic
> > low-delay timer, whether it needs it or not.
> > And that causes those unnecessary wakeups.
>
> Right. I committed a patch to stop that timer when in pause mode.
> Revision 11010.
>
> gtk-gnash gives 0 wakeups now when in pause mode and with
> sound disabled (-r1). When sound handler is present there
> are still wakeups. I'll work on that next.

As of revision 11012 gnash triggers no wakeups when paused, except
the ones related to resources loading (initial SWF and any dynamically
loaded media).

It's a start. Things can be improved when non-paused too, starting
with sound that in the HDA Intel case wakesup more than the gnash
heart-beat here (98 vs. 70 per second) for just rendering silence
(probably still required for recording audio in dump-gnash).

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!