Re: [Gnash-dev] File renaming

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] File renaming
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:33:49 -0600

Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> As I said, it seems okay for the AS interface of these classes to be
> moved to the new directory structure, but not the actual classes
> (TextField, Shape, MorphShape, MovieClip, Button/SimpleButton) etc. They
> are currently all in libcore and do not have "_as" as a suffix, so it is
> easy to see the ones I mean.

  Not all the AS class definitions files have an _as on the end, but the
ones that don't are ancient. Most of those haven't been changed since I
originally added the AS2 stubs several years ago. But the plan is to
only move the AS definitions themselves, not the actual functionality.

  It should also be possible to initialize the class library to work for
both avm1 and avm2, one gets looked up through the package mechanism,
the others via the existing ClassHierarchy table.

> I'm not so bothered about the wiki (though of course it's good to do it
> there), but about documentation in the class headers, which is what most
> people look at.

  I'll encourage the interns to learn Doxygen. :-) I like the wiki, but
I agree many of these comments should be in the code itself.