Re: [Gnash-dev] Looking for testers: MP3 delays

From: Robinson Tryon
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Looking for testers: MP3 delays
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:22:33 -0400

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 8:11 AM, strk<address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry guys, there was a bug in the links themselves.
> Both pointed to the same file. Now is fixed
> (file name of the 'inPoint' version contains 'inPoint' substring)
>
> --strk;
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 01:24:25PM +0200, strk wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:44:23PM +0200, Erick Mendez wrote:
>> >
>> > Just tested it. I do hear some odd noise in between loops.
>>
>> What I'm interested in is the different behaviour
>> of the two tests (inPoint and MP3delaySeek).

(Testing with: Firefox 3.0.10, Flash 10.0 r22, WinXP SP3)

The two are definitely playing back differently.

>> Does the MP3delaySeek have a silence-or-noise period of
>> time between loops long about as much as the G-A-B-C
>> riff ? And the inPoint ?

Are you talking about 2 or 3 clips here? I'm not sure about G-A-B-C --
the clips sounds like they're playing D-E-F#-G.

Borrowing from lilypond syntax, the inPoint sounds like a loop of

d4 e fis g8

The MP3delaySeek sounds like a loop of

d4 e fis g8 r4 (followed by 4 beats of low crackly noise or silence --
it's not always exactly the same)