Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:12:13 +0100

Le 2 mars 10 à 03:08, Rob Savoye a écrit :

If anyone decides to play with this, run 'gnash --render-mode
(opengl|cairo|agg)'. The new option for HW video accelerators is
'--hwaccel (none, vaapi, xv)'.

After some use, even from a developer point of view, those options are really nice since you don't need to have RENDER x HWACCEL build trees. This saves compilation time of my poor system. Thanks. ;-)

BTW, it's worth mentioning a remaining problem with --hwaccel vaapi. Some UI elements don't overlay correctly. e.g. pause/unpause a video with JW's player. The VA-API part is correctly implemented with VA subpictures. The problem is in the AGG part. Either my renderEmptyVideo() is wrong, or AGG doesn't get it right. In theory, I just want AGG to generate whatever RGBA pixel making sure the alpha component is zero. AGG decides otherwise and generates me a fully opaque pixel (0xff alpha and low R/G/B components, 0x11 or 0x08 IIRC). If someone has an idea...

Thanks,
Gwenole.