Re: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:40:08 +0200

[Ashley Reid]
> I would gladly take part, but is 1000$ really enough? What is the
> actual cost estimate? I would imagine something around the 5000$
> mark?

I intended (and actually also inserted) 50 to be the limit and not 10,
but after moving back and forth in the pledgebank web gui for a while
my 50 went back to 10 without me noticing.

So there is no need to stop when we have 10 people signing the
pledge. :)

The estimate I got from Rob to get "hello world" in AVM2 to work was
3-4 months of work, so your estimate on 5000$ is probably in the
correct ballpark.  When that is said, I am sure 1000$ will help
too. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen