Re: [Gnash-dev] Bugs hiding

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Bugs hiding
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:53:12 -0700

On 12/20/10 08:33, Sandro Santilli wrote:

  Just for grins, I should have a fix for this issue soon anyway. It was
originally because Lenny ships with an ancient libtool version. I fixed
that bug, which lead to this one.

> Well, Rob is of a different advice.  For him, buildbot is annoying.
> This was the reason why he killed buildbot last time (he said) on IRC.

  I shut down buildbot before because maintaining it became a full-time
job, and I got zero help. So I shut it down as a time drain... Just
because it was a good idea, doesn't mean it's practical. Now with
multiple people working on buildbot it works better... If you haven't
noticed, my slaves usually succeed, and I have also been fixing various
other bugs as well.

  I am really getting tired of you harassing me, it's getting counter
productive. You have turned into a raging slave driver, and our sense of
priorities differ. If you hadn't gotten into the habit of reverting my
commits a week or so ago, I'd have a better attitude about this...
Pointing our our agreement is silly, cause you violate it frequently.

  Seriously, it's pretty obviously you would love to not have me work on
Gnash at all, except at your whim... Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I
am involved in this project, and wish your future involvement was less
hostile. Your confrontational attitude just wastes what limited time we
all have.

  As I told you before, stop changing the severity to Blocker. I set the
severity of that bug appropriately, and only threatened to invalidate it
if you changed it again, which you did. Cause and effect... As the
maintainer of Gnash, I think the final decision over the severity of a
bug report is mine.

  If you really want to fight over something as trivial as a minor
setting in a bug report, you should take a vacation... Please stop
blowing these minor issues way out of proportion, and trying to start
public flame wars. Please stop using the bug tracker to harass people.