[Gnash] NetBSD success

From: Chris Wareham
Subject: [Gnash] NetBSD success
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:28:43 +0000

Several day ago I checked out the CVS version of Gnash and tried to
compile it on NetBSD. I had to make a few tweaks to the Makefiles that
configure generated, and set LDFLAGS to include linker options so the
gnash binary could find its libraries.

I needed a standalone player to view several websites that I have to
convert from Flash to XHTML/CSS. Gnash allowed me to view them, and
navigate around with either the keyboard commands or the links within
the sites themselves. Many thanks for making this possible.

As it stands at the moment, NetBSD users are only able to view flash on
x86 machines using Linux emulation. I have high hopes that Gnash could
finally provide an alternative to the player and plugin binaries from
Macromedia.

Chris