[Gnash] [patch] CVS HEAD's png check

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: [Gnash] [patch] CVS HEAD's png check
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:43:52 +0100

(Please Cc: responses to me - I'm not on the list)

With CVS HEAD, the png library is not detected on my system (Debian
GNU/Linux on i386, up to date installation of the "unstable" ("sid")
distribution; "libpng12-dev" package installed):

        checking for png.h... yes
        checking for png_crc_read in -lpng... no

and in config.log:

        configure:7780: checking for png_crc_read in -lpng
        configure:7810: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lpng   >&5
        /tmp/ccMUIjCq.o: In function
`main':/home/ray/debian/packages/non-maintainer/gnash/gnash-dev/conftest.c:42:
undefined reference to `png_crc_read'
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Switching the test from png_crc_read to png_check_sig (also used by the png
test in http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_check_gd.html) as per the
attached patch fixes things.

Greetings,
Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
Ewww, I think so Brain, but I think I'd rather eat the Macarena.