[Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong arrived, let's hack

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong arrived, let's hack
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:55:37 +0100

Hi!

My Yeeloong arrived today, and I'll get to hacking ASAP.  Please can someone
give me info in what remaining tasks are there (specially those not currently
being worked on) so I can pick one?

Some thoughts:

  - Did someone try building (and using) a D-I netboot image with Yeeloong
    enabled Linux image?

  - Did someone build a generic (i.e. with all the blob-free goodies) Linux
    image?  IIUC the ones we have only have Yeeloong stuff.

  - Does the bootloader need any care (e.g. packaging)?  IIUC, it lives in
    the firmware chip which is not safe to update anyway.  But it seems to
    provide helper programs.

There's also the task of pruning the non-free bits from Debian.  Is this
being done separately?  Do you need help building a list of affected packages?

Thanks!

--
Robert Millan