Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Another tex package (texlive-base) to hack

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Another tex package (texlive-base) to hack
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:22:58 +0200

Benedikt Ahrens schreef:
I see.
Then I think we can leave it where it is. I still think we should
include an updated licence file for it though; and a reference back to
this discussion. Thoughts on that?
kk

You might want to reply to the AMS. They promised to deliver an updated
license text, in case we ask them for it.
I am not sure whether it is the latest version of the AMS packages that
are shipped with gNS. If not, AMS should also change the license of the
older versions.
I can do that next week, but not any sooner.

If I understood correctly, the new license will only apply to future versions. Maybe they can be persuaded to do a UC Berkeley style license change if we ask nicely. If not, we can still include a notice that explains the situation and includes the future license.