Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Improving gNS "Help and Support"

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Improving gNS "Help and Support"
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:42:41 -0500

El dom, 16-08-2009 a las 17:44 +0930, Karl Goetz escribió:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:47:24 +0200
> Zach Oglesby <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Try not to get to bogged down being correctly styled. Hack on doco.
> > > Make words. When you've got a bit of a groove happening start to
> > > make your lives harder.

Yes, the idea is to refer to that document in case of doubt.

> > > 7 is the step that worries me most out of those. If your going to be
> > > doing that perhaps a script to automate wiki -> docbook would be in
> > > order (one may exist already). Even if it just automates the basics,
> > > its a lot better then a full rewrite.
> > >
> > > The resultant docbook should probably wind up in a revision control
> > > system of some sort as a 'step 8'.
> > >

> > I will look around for a script to convert it to docbook, the ones I
> > have seen do an ok job but we will still have to fine comb it.  As
> > for the version control I agree, I was going to suggest that as well.
> > Not sure what gNS uses for version control or who to talk to about
> > getting them set up though.
> >

> bzr.
> Anyone whos joined the gNS group on savannah[1] can create branches in
> the code area.

Ok, so the steps are:

1. Open the project for the document
2. Propose the structure
3. Define the final structure
4. Propose the content
5. Write a draft
6. Revise and improve
7. Convert the final document to DocBook if necessary
8. Commit it to gNewSense in Savannah

I'm not familiar with the creation of branches so I'll have to read
about it first or kindly ask you to create one for us :)