Re: [Gnewsense-dev] support for the fuloong 2f

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] support for the fuloong 2f
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:14:50 +0930

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:43:59 +0200
Ferdinand Hauck <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:47:39AM +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > > I've compiled the linux-2.6.27.7-libre kernel for my Fuloong, this
> > > works well together with the Gnewsense metad distribution.  The
> > > differences between the configurations is available here:
> > >
> > > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~crono/config.diff
> >
> > What are the diffs taken between, if not our metad kernel? Linux
> > libre upstream builds?
>
> That is the difference between the kernel configuration files
> (.config), not the kernel source itself (admittedly my previous post

So far I'm with you.

> was not very clear on that).  However, I use different options than
> what is used for the kernel binary included in metad.  The diff might
> nevertheless be useful to indicate which settings needs to be changed
> when building a kernel for the Fuloong, even though this is rather
> straightforward.

This left me confused.
My question: has the configuration file contents changed between metad
and what you diffed? (the options themselves, not what they are set to).

> The kernel source package included in metad was used without changes.
> This is why I believe it would be worth the effort to support the
> Fuloong as well.

This makes me suspect they have not changed, so that makes life a
little easier ;)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)