Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Website is very unresponsive

From: samgee
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Website is very unresponsive
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 21:23:35 +0200

Op Thu, 24 Sep 2015 20:01:20 +0200
schreef Stig Atle Steffensen <address@hidden>:

http://gnewsense.org/ is very very slow and unresponsive.
Is there something that can be done with that?

I plan to do an upgrade next weekend that will hopefully improve things.

Is the site running on a dedicated server or vps? (just curious).

VPS

Is there anything I or others can do to help with the issue?
(mirror things, or help in other ways?)

The wiki has a lot of spam accounts now. I'm not sure, but this might be
a factor in the slowness. A cleanup would be nice in any case, e.g.
deleting all accounts that have made no edits and were created more
than 1 year ago. Last time I checked there was no readily available
script to do this. Any volunteers to take this on?