Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Help with marketing

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Help with marketing
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 23:33:14 +0200

On 30/07/19 13:15, seve wrote:
> I am following up a tweet from FSF, looking for contributors to this
> project.  I would be happy to start my collaboration with the Marketing
> Team, if possible.
>
> My name is Seve and I have years of experience in working with free and
> commercial software, you can have a look at my website
> https://tessarinseve.pythonanywhere.com/# for more details about my
> interests.

Thanks for volunteering. I'm hoping someone will take over as project
leader. Watch this space to see if opportunities arise for you to
contribute.

> I have seen that gnewsense does not have a vagrant base box
> (https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/virtualbox/boxes.html) for VirtualBox
> yet, it would be really helpful to have one in my opinion.

That documentation says that Virtualbox Guest Additions are required.
Last time I checked, that software was still non-free. So setting this
up like that would not match gNewSense's philosophy. If it's not a
requirement, then by all means, go ahead. Although it would make sense
to see if we will have a new release in the future.