Re: [gNewSense-users] The next highest priorities for gNewSense?

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] The next highest priorities for gNewSense?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:06:30 -0400

>     That all makes sense to me. We want to get to a free state as
>     quickly as possible, so it's logical to look at the more
>     suspicious parts first.
>
> It'd be nice to finish off the Kernel. While we've completed
> sound+drivers, which is where I'd expect the vast majority of the
> non-free stuff to be, there's still a few thousand files to be
> checked and we've been caught by suprise before.
>
> Checking external BTS is a good idea from a tactical standpoint, but
> strageically we need to do the full check of kernel/main/universe to
> be sure we're free.

OK, I will return to kernel work then, in particular arch/x86, as a
priority.  Moreover, since I already have search results from Debian
BTS (from Jan 2008 to now), I will eventually put them up in a table
on

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/External-BTS-freedom-bugs

I will delay following up with those bugs for now, but anyone should
feel free to add to it, link to it, or modify it as they see fit.