Re: [Patch #221] This make my live so much easier, please guys ;-)

From: Feico de Boer
Subject: Re: [Patch #221] This make my live so much easier, please guys ;-)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:53:36 +0200

Pawel,

I have been re-thinking the stuff in the Win32 directory. After all it might
not be that much of an issue to move the MS VC workspace and project files
overthere. I think it is better to postphone the VC stuff for a while and I
will come back with a proposal at the end of the week (probably weekend).

Yesterday evening I have been playing with the DLL and I found the following
symbols that need to be exported. With Windows DLL's you explicitely need to
export symbols, I don't know how this is for Unix shared libraries so you
may not be familiar with the problem. The symbols I found are not in line
with the gsm-api.h header file which implies to specify the Gnokii GSM API.

I made some comments about what I think should be provided by the gnokii.dll
and what should be resolved somehow different. Please give me your comments.
As this is only Gnokii, it might as well be missing a few symbols.

gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _unlock_device
    Hmm, guess this belongs to the API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _readconfig
    IMHO, this should be resolved by the app.
    Remove readconfig from the DLL/common library?
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_Initialise
    API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lock_device
    API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CFG_Get
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CFG_Info
    See readconfig
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_DataClear
    API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _print_error
    Not sure, feeling say should be resolved by app.
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SendSMS
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SM_Functions
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DefaultSubmitSMS
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SaveSMS
    API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GetLine
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GetLine
    Application
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_ReadSMSBitmap
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_GetNetworkName
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_PrintBitmap
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GetSMS
    API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrToMemoryType
    Seems some kind of helper func, API??
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _snprintf
    Application
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_ClearBitmap
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GSM_ClearBitmap
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_ResizeBitmap
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GSM_ResizeBitmap
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_GetCountryName
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SM_Loop
    API
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _strsep
    Application
gnokii.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_ELogHandler
    API?? What does it do?
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GSM_UnPackRingtone
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GSM_PackRingtone
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GSM_GetNote
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GSM_SetPointBitmap
gsm-filetypes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GSM_IsPointBitmap
    API

After going through the list I think the API is defined is at least the
following header files:
    gsm-api.h
    gsm-ringtones.h
    gsm-bitmaps.h
    gsm-networks.h
    ... and those I missed?

Hmm :-( It would be nice to have one header file that declares the API. In
that case developers could use that, the LIB and the DLL to link it to their
own application.

I really would like some clarification before proceding. It better to think
before than rework after.

Regards,
Feico.