Encoding in atgen.c (was Re: gnokii 0.6.1 released)

From: Hugo Haas
Subject: Encoding in atgen.c (was Re: gnokii 0.6.1 released)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:22:32 +0200

* "Burbure, Pavan \(MED\)" <address@hidden> [2004-04-21 14:52:03+0200]:
> Please find attached the logs with & without the patch. The logs
> include various gnokii commands.
>
> The getphonebook output with the patch is junk. Please note that
> the getphonebook with both 'SM' & 'ME' is reading the SIM only,
> not my phone memory(with ME).

Interesting. After selecting UCS2, you got an error when Gnokii did
AT+CPBS="ME". I wonder if this had to be UCS2 encoded.

We have seen:
- T610: everything between double-quotes is UCS2 encoded.
- Pawel's Nokia: only the name field in a phonebook entry is UCS2
encoded.

I wonder if your Philips has the name field as well as the memory type
encoded in UCS2, and still has the phone number in ASCII, like the
Nokia.

Regards,

Hugo

--