Uploading Java apps / File System Layout on 6230i

From: Matthias Ringwald
Subject: Uploading Java apps / File System Layout on 6230i
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:08:16 +0100

Hi there
I've just got a 6230i and found this project.
Thanks for your great work so far.

Using Mac OS X, I'm missing out two things with this nokia thing.
1.) Synchronization with iSync.
2.) Java app upload

For 1.) gnokii already provides the backend, so the main work will
be the iSync integration. Does anybody have an idea how an
iSync plugin has to be written?

For 2.) I played around this afternoon with gnokii file commands
using --getfilelist "A:\*" I can walk around in the main file tree
and B:\* gives me the MMC card contents.
Problem is, I cannot find the java applications.

Using --getfiledetailsbyid I can easily find that java apps
are in Permanent_memory\java\applications

I would like to put my apps in there but there's just the putfile command which asks
for a remote_path.

Does anybody know, where to put the java apps?
Would it be possilbe to include a putfilebyid command?

Thanks for reading,
 Matthias Ringwald