.gnokiirc settings for Nokia 6015i with CA42 data cable?

From: Walter Dnes
Subject: .gnokiirc settings for Nokia 6015i with CA42 data cable?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:42:15 -0500

  I'm new to this list, and I think I'm missing something obvious.  I've
made my regular user ID a member of group "tty".  The listing...

[m3000][waltdnes][~] ll /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root tty 4, 64 Mar 11 11:01 /dev/ttyS0

...indicates that I should be able to read/write to /dev/ttyS0.

[m3000][waltdnes][~] gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.10

  It sits there, and does nothing.  The same thing happens when launched
from root.  I'm running GNOKII Version 0.6.10 on Gentoo linux on an
AMD64 K8.  *NOTE* the entire installation is 32-bit mode (I chickened
out of 64-bit).  Any ideas on what I should change?  The .gnokiirc
settings are a bit intimidating for a first-time user.

--
Walter Dnes <address@hidden> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca