Re: Can I change the SMS sender number to a string

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Can I change the SMS sender number to a string
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:10:45 +0200

Hi,

On 6/18/06, Ajay Pal Singh Atwal <address@hidden> wrote:
When sending sms using gnokii can I change the SMS sender number to a string.
Lets say in place of my mobile number some string is displayed as sender of
that SMS to the receiver of the message.

Simple answer is: you cannot.
You could do it just when your GSM provider allows it and it would be
doable just when accessing SMSC directly.

Unable to get complete message center number, only last digit of sms message
center is displayed, but specifying the sms center number on command line
works. I read some where in list this is fixed in cvs version of gnokii.

Which gnokii version do you use?

Another problem i faced is when reading sms only last digit of the sender phone
number is displayed.

Ditto.

take care,
Pawel Kot