RE: SMSD help needed: GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.

From: Ari A
Subject: RE: SMSD help needed: GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:14:54 +0200

> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:07:16 +0100
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: SMSD help needed: GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:56, Ari A <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Do you have any idea what should I check. I run the gnokii --identify and
> > after that immediatelly I try start the smsd, so I don't understand why the
> > smsd gives this error. After trying to start smsd I run the gnokii
> > --identify again, and it works always. So there is something that I am
> > missing.
> >
> > Any suggestions how to find the cause to this problem?
>
> Are you sure smsd and gnokii are linked with the same libgnokii
> version? Still that wouldn't explain the reason. Anyway the error is
> returned by open() on BT socket.
>
> > I have also a question that is not related to this case: I want to make
> > donation to this project, so does part of the donation go also smsd
> > developers? Without gnokii there would not be smsd, so the donation should
> > be targeted to both of the teams (if they are separated).
>
> Well, there are not separate teams. There are few individuals, among
> them Jan, who is smsd creator. But frankly speaking we didn't have
> this problem yet as we've collected just 20EUR which is in fact
> nothing that could help development.
>
> take care,
> --
> Pawel Kot

Thank You for the response.

> Are you sure smsd and gnokii are linked with the same libgnokii
> version? Still that wouldn't explain the reason. Anyway the error is
> returned by open() on BT socket.

Could You be so kind and told me how to check that it is linked to the correct libgnokii. Actually when I compiled the 0.6.27, I had previous version 0.6.22. after cofiguring I checked that bluetooth support was "yes" and smsd was also "yes". "Make" and "make install" did not actually put the new smsd to the default destination folder, I first had to delete the previous version files before the new smsd version was created.

I am going to test this on fresh system. I am going to do a clean Ubuntu 8.10 install on laptop, so I can compile the whole set fdrom the "clean table".

Thank You for the support, I appreciate it!

Take care,
Ari A