|Subject:||Queries on gnokii-FBus.|
|Date:||Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:23:15 +0530|
Hi gnokii-users / developers,
Seasons greetings to you all!
Thank you for creating gnokii!!!
I have gone though the FAQ @ http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml.
Unable to access http://wiki.gnokii.org (may be not working J)
I have skimmed through the 207 threads @ http://lists.nongnu.org/archive
I couldn’t find answers to the questions given below J
I apologize for the length and number of questions!
I am talking in the context of Bluetooth!
1. How to authentically say that this nokia mobile model supports F-Bus?
For example new model X2-00 is supported by gnokii with model = 6250
in config file. Is there any command/F-Bus-message sent to mobile in
response to which, would indicate that this mobile supports nokia F-Bus?
2. What are the functionalities/features/operations possible using nokia F-Bus?
I am able to read/write/delete contacts information in X2-00.
I could see IMEI, alarm, model RM-618 (NOT X2-00), calender, NOT able to
read/write/delete sms. How can I find, which F-Bus features are supported by
a particular model over F-Bus?
3. what are the APIs exposed by gnokii library for F-Bus? How to run 'testit'
with a different config file? What all does testit do?
4. From configuration file and parts of source code, I could understand that
apart from F-Bus, gnokii supports m/m2bus, cbus, AT, gnapplet, symbian
protocols, How to distinguiesh F-Bus messages / options / commands /
features / functions from others?
5. I could observe that gnokii supports MySQL and PostgreSQL Database as
backend. Can it also store in plain text with some specific format without
such database support, I can see we can store phone contacts as ; separated
fields, is this facility available for other storage like sms / calendar /
6. I am more interested in communicating over bluetooth using FBus mode, how
does these lines from config file affect?
# If you use dlr3 or dlr3p cable for nokia phones in FBUS mode (ie.
# you don't use model = AT) you may want to use 'dlr3p' value here.
# Note that it is recommended and currently the best way to use this
# cable with nk6510 driver.
7. Explain this from configuration file of gnokii.
# Set this to 1 if you want to break your phone with xgnokii. Works only
# with few Nokia models and FBUS communication.
allow_breakage = 0
8. Are there versions in F-Bus? Any specifications document available for F-BUS?
9. gnokii --identify reads mobile model from configuration, isn't there a way to
let the mobile tell us what model it is?
Kindly guide me…
You are my last resort, waiting for response…
Please include address@hidden in CC.
Thanks & Regards,
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|