Re: Some more fixes to make release happen

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Some more fixes to make release happen
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 16:49:22 +0100

Hello Ladislav,

> I'd release 0.6.32 as a bugfix release only. That means excluding API
> breaking changes.

that's a good idea but how many third party packages depend on libgnokii?
On Debian it's only gnome-phone-manager which is dead upstream (I was
the last maintainer upstream), but it's not a good reason to break it,
if it still works

I'm favorable to a 10th anniversary release, if you still have access
to your Savannah account you can push there when you are done and then
ask Pawel for an official release

> I'm now able to test on Linux, MacOS and Windows

which Linux flavour?
Under Debian testing I get a fatal error at the autogen.sh step using
autotools 2.71:
configure.ac:902: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_FUNC_MKDIR
it is fixed by running autoupdate but it does many changes to our
configure.ac which I'm not able to review

--
Daniele Forsi