gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta1 install problem

From: Harold Bower
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta1 install problem
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:40:12 -0400

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:11:39 -0500
"Mo Braich" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I downloaded and burnt cds 3 times but it does not boot.
> My hardware is Amd k6-2 500mhz
> 192 mb ram
> creative cdrom
> bootable from bios.Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem.  MD5 sums check on downloaded image.  Burned to
CD-RW and CD-R at 4x (using cdrecord under TurboLinux Workstation 8.0).
Neither disc would boot on a Via Epia-5000 from Creative DVD as primary
on secondary IDE channel.  Previous versions of gnoppix (0.5.4-1,
0.5.4-2, 0.5.5-2 and 0.5.99beta1) all burned the same way on same system
and booted without problem on Epia.  No changes were made to Epia setup,
and previous CDs still boot, so some change was made to boot on the
0.6.beta1 image.  Since the Epia has no floppy controller, and I have
not yet been able to boot it from a USB "pen" drive, the system is down
until a CD will boot.

Hal