gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta1 install problem

From: Wolfgang Auer
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta1 install problem
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:42:34 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

Harold Bower quoted Mo Braich:

>> I downloaded and burnt cds 3 times but it does not boot.
>
>I have the same problem.  MD5 sums check on downloaded image. Burned to
>CD-RW and CD-R at 4x [...] Neither disc would boot on a Via Epia-5000
>from Creative DVD as primary on secondary IDE channel.

The same problem here. I burned the CD image by using WinOnCD 3.6
(exactly the same way I'm usually burning Knoppix CDs, which are
all booting fine), but it won't boot. I am, however, able to read
the contents of the CD; I even tried to create a boot floppy by
using the rawrite2 program on the Gnoppix CD -- this worked fine,
SYSLINUX is starting, the system is starting to boot, but when the
system appearently tries to access the CD, it crashes, or to be more
precise, just freezes.

By the way, the DOS batch file in the relevant directory shows
a small, evident bug :-)

Kind regards,
Wolfgang