Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for an Icon

From: Clark McGrew
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for an Icon
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:58:30 -0400

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 03:38, wave++ wrote:
> You wrote:
> >     >   http://www.yuv.info/~wavexx/octothing.png
> >
> > Cute.  I like how, in that pose, the tentacles are reminiscent of the
> > horns on the GNU gnu.  Will it scale down well, e.g. for use as the
> > graphic on www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch?  or on a desktop?
>
> Unfortunately (heh), I've done it with the Gimp(tm) at 1024x768. It
> won't scale higher, but it can be reduced quite easily.

After you have a final version, you could use autotrace to convert it to
a vector format (svg, xfig, postscript or whatever) and then scaling is
trivial.  Unfortunately, the current version has shading so it may not
vectorize well, but I'm not a graphics expert (I failed kindergarden
art) and there might be tricks to handle that.

Cheers,
Clark

--
Clark McGrew                    Univ. at Stony Brook, Physics and Astronomy
<address@hidden>        631-632-8299