Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more speed improvements

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more speed improvements
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:10:38 -0400

Tom Lord wrote:

> Ok, this is a bit better.    Commits are actually starting to _feel_
> notably faster.
>
> I'm now seeing (relative to 1.1pre5) about a 3-5x real-time speed up
> in what-changed and 5-8x real-time speed-up in inventory on my tla
> trees.

This is really impressive. On the tla tree, when memory is available, I
now see a 3.5x improvement in user time over patch-160, and a 3x
improvement in real time. When memory is tight (about the same as I
tested with before), I see better than 10x improvement in real time.
Even with tight memory, when the cache is primed I can't get the new tla
to take much over a second to do what-changed on that tree.

Jason