Re: [Gnu-arch-users] moving an archive

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] moving an archive
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:37:47 -0700

On Sunday, Sep 14, 2003, at 23:30 US/Pacific, Robert Collins wrote:

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 16:20, Dustin Sallings wrote:
I've got an archive on a server I'd like to move. Things break when I
just move the files.  I assume because the name of the archive is
different on the new server.  Is there a normal procedure for moving
these things?

A move should be just fine.

You will need to update the archive registration on your workstation(s):

tla register-archive -d <archive name>
tla register-archive <new location>

Sorry, I didn't move the archive, I moved the *categories* within an archive. I suppose moving the whole archive would've made more sense, but I'd like to morph my question a bit to what I was originally trying to ask...

If I decide I don't want a category to live in an archive anymore, how might I move it out and retain history and all that?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>