Re: [Gnu-arch-users] SFTP locations

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] SFTP locations
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 05:07:46 +0900

    Jonathan> That doesn't make sense, given that "sftp -1 savannah"
    Jonathan> works, while "sftp savannah" doesn't.

I would guess that the command line option tells sftp to work around
the missing "subsystem" support.  From the dox, it looks like the
contents of config are just passed to ssh, sftp doesn't look at them.
So there you are.

I've gone as far as I can with this.  Your traces look like mine, when
I had a Protocol 1-only remote host, but I can and did enable Protocol
2 on my "public" host.  So, I'm gonna give it a rest.