[Gnu-arch-users] etla [Was: Testbed for OverArch]

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] etla [Was: Testbed for OverArch]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:30:04 +0000

Months ago, I started creating a command-line frontend for larch, to
reduce all the things I frequently ran to minimal commands (via a
combination of heuristics, guesswork, and arbitrary decisions - all
the things that are inappropriate for tla). The idea was "We don't
have overarch, and we have no idea how to build it, so let's build
something we do know how to do" - this was "lurch".

Unfortunately tla came along shortly after, and I never got around to
converting it.

I've now resurrected it, removed the things that no longer make sense,
and redubbed it "etla". This is available from
address@hidden/etla--main--0

etla depends on libarch-perl; this is available from
address@hidden/libarch-perl--main--1.0

libarch-perl has not yet been updated for tla. It has native support
for archives accessed via local files and ftp, but uses with-ftp for
other schemes. This needs to be replaced with native support or
suitable calls to tla; it's on my todo list.

As an example of the sort of thing etla currently does, here's how I
tagged libarch-perl into address@hidden :

address@hidden:~/arch/libarch-perl$ etla tag gluck-2003/
* creating category address@hidden/libarch-perl
* creating branch address@hidden/libarch-perl--main
* creating version address@hidden/libarch-perl--main--1.0
* from import revision: address@hidden/libarch-perl--main--1.0--base-0
* patching for revision: address@hidden/libarch-perl--main--1.0--base-0
* made tag address@hidden/libarch-perl--main--1.0--base-0 =>
address@hidden/libarch-perl--main--1.0--patch-15
address@hidden:~/arch/libarch-perl$

Everything else was picked up from context. (Note that tag is a "push"
operation when only given one argument; I'll add clone as a "pull"
operation, mimicing "bk clone", once I've done a couple other things).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |