Re: [Gnu-arch-users] etla [Was: Testbed for OverArch]

From: zander
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] etla [Was: Testbed for OverArch]
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:16:39 +0100

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 05:16:44PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Clark McGrew <address@hidden>
>

>     > TLA is just a little bit to unfriendly for the less computer
>     > inclined to work as a "drop in" replacement for CVS (different
>     > functionality, same purpose), but it's really close to being
>     > ready.  However, I think it needs a nice shiny veneer (that can
>     > be regarded as a prototype for overarch).
>
> I think that you may be overgeneralizing from the needs of your
> project to the responsibilities of the arch project.
>
> A "veneer" such as you describe would not be merely a "friendlier
> front end to arch" -- it would be a "less general front end to arch."

Tom, to get it clear for us (well me), where do you feel functionality
like the following example should be implemented ?
1) tla
2) oarch
3) distro level (or even company level)

My example problem:
tla import gives me an error when I forgot an init-tree,  I would want
a question at that point (at import time) to do the init-tree without
typing.

--
Thomas Zander