Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch review - am I accurate?

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch review - am I accurate?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:06:27 +0200

> I mean you can't win at the not-interfering-with-any-random-program-
> that-decided-to-give-funky-interpretations-to-some-characters game.

Like arch decided :)

> For the most part, +/=/{ are not a part of everyday-life-with-arch
> except sometimes where someone (note, _not_ tla the program) has
> chosen to use = in the name of a source file; those people who are
> bothered by the latter use can complain to the package maintainer I
> suppose.

+ is the most annoying really. One can type ./ before + files but for
instance midnight commander can be set to use external viewer and
editor. So F4 on files starting with + does not work.
Of course one could always import mc into arch and make an archive
avaliable so people patch their buggy mc :), that seems to be the trend.

> , is used more often in an `offical role', but is one of the most
> innocuous choices, and no one seems to be complaining about it.

Yes , seems really cool to me it points down and it's small suggesting
that the file is lowly and can be ignored :). In fact I started using
files starting with , for temp files in general.

Jani