Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:29:58 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Charles Duffy <address@hidden>

    > On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 12:31, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
    > > I will certainly use any tla thats NFS friendly.  I work in a large
    > > corporate environment where everything is NFS (or some other global
    > > filesystem like AFS).

    > AFS works quite a bit more nicely than NFS, FWIW.

I second that but......

Sri: keep your eyes on the 1.3preX series over the next month or
three.  The NFS issue is relatively recent (we had a damn good NFS
track record until I blew it merging and tweaking "inode signatures"
-- I operated on the false assumption that dev and ino numbers were
constant when the inode signature stuff came along) -- the fixes are
known -- it's (blush) on my plate to fix ---- it's in the pipeline.
Muddle through as you can for now.  Feel free to contact me about
consulting to bump the priority (and, in so doing, advance arch
generally).  Either way -- it won't be all that long.  Sorry for the
temporary annoyance.