Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems installing tla on FreeBSD

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems installing tla on FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:48:17 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Norbert Koch <address@hidden>

    > Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

    > > 2.5.4 should be fine, provided that it hasn't been hacked in some way
    > > without changing the version id.

    > Mine comes out of the FreeBSD ports collection, which should be okay,
    > shouldn't it?

I'm not certain but not necessarily --- either the diff or the patch
or both from the ports collection is suspect.

I _vaguely_ recall that they hacked one or both to change the handling
of files which do not end with a newline --- the very thing that the
configure test is designed to catch.

Try gdiff and gpatch built from the raw ftp.gnu.org sources.