[Gnu-arch-users] html hosting mirror site for my archive?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] html hosting mirror site for my archive?
Date: 07 Apr 2004 10:58:21 +0900

Hi,

James Blackwell has decided to kick me off his site[*], so I've got to
find another place to mirror my archive address@hidden
(containing emacs, tla-tools, etc) that supports anonymous html access.

It'd be nice to use the opportunity to get an official gnu address for
this stuff (the master copy of the archive is already at gnu.org, but
only accessible via non-anonymous sftp), and I'll try to see if I can
get that, but given the time and effort often required to get anything
done at gnu.org, I'd like to line up an alternative site just in case.

So... anyone got spare diskspace/bandwidth?  The current disk usage is:

   20828   arch/address@hidden
   34776   arch/address@hidden
   11128   arch/address@hidden

i.e., about 75MB total.  Presumably this will grow in the future, but
also it's not strictly necessary to mirror the older archives, and I'd
guess 2004 by itself will end up using less than 50MB by years-end.

Thanks,

-Miles

[*] His reasons are not very clear, but it seems to be personal -- the
    email telling me this started with "I've gotten the distinct
    impression you don't like me".  I have no idea what's up with that
    (I have no problems with James -- other than him kicking me off his
    site of course :-), but there's not much I can do about it.
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff