RE: [Gnu-arch-users] More archive corruption!!

From: David Snopek
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] More archive corruption!!
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:02:16 -0500 (CDT)

Parker, Ron said:
>> From: David Snopek [mailto:address@hidden
>
>> I really, really like GNU arch when it works!  But
>> unfortunately, that is
>> terribly infrequenty for me.  Almost everyday my archive gets
>> corrupt.
>> And I am not doing very much.
>
> GNU arch itself works fine.

Yes, I know, it was my fault (see other messages in this thread).  I was
not criticizing GNU Arch, only saying that something in my setup was
causing massive problems.  If I felt GNU Arch was deficient, I wouldn't
have tried to figure things out -- I would have just given up.

> I seem to recall from a much earlier message that you were also using the
> Cygwin port of tla.  I can tell you from personal experience that it still
> produces corrupted archives.

I tried the Cygwin port and it failed immediately, mangling the names of
my source code not just the contents of {arch}.  But this wasn't the
corruption problem.

In case I've been misinterpreted, I'd like to say for the record that I
love GNU Arch.  I am still learning how to use it and am commited to
working through what ever problems I encounter.  This has even included
reading parts of the source code on occasion.  Its a great peice of
software and I commend all of those involved in its development.

Thank you.
  -- David Snopek

Satellite Computing Solutions, LLC