Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: <<< conflict markers

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: <<< conflict markers
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:37:33 +0100

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 04:32:37PM -0500, Parker, Ron wrote:
> Well, I have the perfect archive to test this on.  It has a bunch of
> attempt-to-fix-auto* mis-steps that really don't need to be pulled down by
> anyone that may want the final working version of the archive.

Just added to my todo list for dtla[0]:

- "Deferred commit" command. This will be a way to mark a revision in the
private archive (i.e. the temporary archive) as a candidate for committing
in the primary archive. You can use this when you're not 100% sure that you've
done it right - and then run a matching "commit marked revision" command
when you _are_ sure. This avoids having to change history in any way (something
I have an aesthetic aversion to, even if it is possible to do it safely).

Dunno, might be useful to someone. :)
--
Robin

[0] <http://www.greenrd.org/sw/arch/dtla/>