[Gnu-arch-users] What's the difference bitween 'junk' and 'backup' ?

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] What's the difference bitween 'junk' and 'backup' ?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:56:42 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I'm writing a Japanese document of GNU arch by my own words.

I have a question.

I understood the difference between 'precious' and other
non-source groups. There are 4 commands that call
arch_copy_project_tree() in ./src/tla/libarch/copy-project-tree.c.
those are 'apply-delta', 'join-branch', 'sync-tree', and 'update'
with --dist option. They preserve precious files in the distination
trees as well as source group.

But I didn't understand the difference between 'junk' and 'backup'
groups even if I analizied tla's source code.

What is it ?

Cheers,

      - Tez