[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Invalid checksum file syntax

From: Aidan Delaney
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Invalid checksum file syntax
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:14:08 +0100

Tom,
Dé Céad, 2004-05-12 ag 19:09, scríobh Tom Lord:
> So the next question is:  Is there an "=meta-info/name" file in your
> archive and are its permissions such that you can read it?
No there is not.  `locate meta-info` on my system returns
/home/balor/arch/=meta-info
/home/balor/arch/=meta-info/name
/home/balor/{tux}/example/=meta-info
/home/balor/{tux}/example/=meta-info/name
but not /home/balor/{archive}/...  The other two archives were created
eons ago with larch and an early version of tla.

> And then the next question after that is: are you committing to this
> as a local archive or over some network protocol?
Simply working from my home directory.

> The fix here, assuming that you trust your archive, will be to delete
> the checksum files, then make a mirror of your archive, then turn you
> mirror into the real archive and discard the horked real archive.
I trust my archive :)  I'll try this later.
> But we have to figure out why the archive name is getting lost before
> you should try that.
I must've used an non-release version of tla to create the archive.
--
Aidan Delaney   email: address@hidden
                web:   http://www.cs.may.ie/~adelaney