Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 23:46:18 -0400

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 10:12:48PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> I'm not really suggesting it be customizable.  Instead I'm proposing to
> default to the way the obviously vast majority of other software out
> there names files.  Even inside arch I think it's pretty clear (from
> .arch-inventory and .arch-ids) that the { and = are basically just
> legacy.

No, it's not clear at all.  .arch-inventory and .arch-ids are not the same as
{arch}.

Let me put it this way: If I was allowed to choose, with all compatibility
problems magically solved, I'd choose {arch} over .arch (I'd do some things
differently, I think, but not that).  I think that subversion made a mistake
when they chose .svn.

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo